MSK Clinic Partnership
We are always looking for ways to help you reach your personal goals and as part of that we are delighted to announce that we are partnering with MSK Clinic.
At CrossFit UV we pride ourselves on focusing on the CrossFit mantra of ‘mechanics, consistency and then intensity’ which simply means that we focus on helping you move well, then move well consistently before we add intensity through going faster, adding more work/reps or adding load (or both).
This has served us and our sister gyms very well over the years and is one of the reasons that all three gyms have a fantastic injury record (or lack of injury record as the case may be!).
However this does not mean that we shouldn’t take steps to prevent injury by looking after nagging muscle soreness or accepting things like ‘oh my X always hurts when I do A, B or C’.
This is why we have been looking for the right people to partner with and when coach Nick came on board he was constantly singing the praises of MSK Clinic.
Dr Jeff Wong and the team provide top class treatments across various forms of sports performance, rehabilitation (injury prevention) and rehabilitation (injury recovery) such as chiropractic, sports massage, physiotherapy and everything in between.
Having gone for a weekly session for the last 7 weeks and I’ve found them fantastic and really enjoy how much the embrace technology in their treatments. e.g. in the picture above you can see heating pads being used on my back prior to treatment, the interactive TV which they use to show the muscles they are working on (and how they connect) and in front of that is the shockwave therapy machine that they’ve been using to help with some scar tissue in my toe from an old war wound of mine (of so it was a football / soccer injury).
What does this partnership mean for you?
1) MSK will be doing treatments at CrossFit UV on a regular basis.
2) The first session will be a movement screening and the date and how to book will be announced shortly.
3) You will receive a 10% discount on treatments.
4) MSK will be supporting CrossFit UV at in-house competitions by giving treatment on the day.
5) MSK will give regular talks on various topics to help us all move better and prevent industry.
6) You will occasionally see MSK around the gym during classes looking at how you move and using their expertise spot the potential for future injury and helping you with this.
We’re very excited about this partnership and can’t wait to see it help you reach your goals. If you have any questions, let me know.
Fergus and the team at CrossFit UV