[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/12″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”6/12″][vc_single_image image=”1326″ img_size=”large” alignment=”center” style=”vc_box_shadow_3d”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/12″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Plan for success in 2020 – Part 4
We’ve discussed your gym visits and then you’re nutrition but not it’s time to delve into the most important aspect of planning for setting you up for success in 2020!
We constantly preach the value of a good night’s sleep because is the fastest and easiest way of; reducing body fat, gaining lean muscle, improving recovery, concentration, strength, enhancing mood and even virility!
That’s why sleep IS the ultimate performance enhancer.
In simple terms, 7 hours or less of sleep is sleep deprivation, not just insufficient but deprivation! If you are getting insufficient sleep you are surviving, but we want you to thrive!
Right now I bet you’re saying that you’re one of those people who ‘don’t need much sleep’. I can almost guarantee you that it’s not true. What’s most likely happening is that your body is in the habit of getting up at the same time so it’ll wake up at that time even if you haven’t had enough sleep.
Check out this absolutely fantastic podcast by Dr Matthew Walker where he does an excellent job of summarising the benefits of sleep.
Ok, so you’re sold, you’ve finally realized that improving your sleep is the fastest way to getting leaner, having more energy, improving your mood, skin, strength, virility and basically being an all-round better person.
Now here are some simple tips:
- Decide what time you need to get up at and count back 8 hours. This is your bedtime! If you need to get up at 6am then you need to be in bed, phone off and lights off before 10pm. It is literally that simple.
- If you normally go to bed much later then it will take you a few days to get used to your new bed time but it will change your life!
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Our bodies get into a rhythm so it’s important that we get up at the same time every day, even on weekends!
- Make the room as dark as possible – get blackout blinds (or an eye mask like me) and turn off all lights in the room.
- Remove electronic devices from your room – leave your phone in another room, and definitely don’t have a TV in your room.
- Keep the room cool – 19.5 degrees or lower – you can always throw an extra blanket on the bed if you feel cold.
- Invest in your bed – buy a medium-firm mattress that supports your posture, buy as high-quality sheets as you can afford, get a pillow that helps you sleep on your back or side.
- Unwind your mind – avoid looking at screens within 30-60 minutes of bedtime and try reading a book just before bed.
Do the above consistently and it will change your life!
Over the last few days we’ve tried to help you make a plan so that 2020 is your best year ever!
This was originally meant to be a one-page of tips to help sew the seed of why you should plan but, as you can see, it really snowballed because our target is to help as many people as possible thrive and live the lives that they’ve always dreamed of.
To do that we want to ensure that you get 2020 off to the best possible start, a start with a plan!